December 31, 2011

A Mudança VII


We're getting close to wrapping up the kid's essays on the mudanças (changes) they want to see happen. In this, the penultimate post, we hear from another 8th grader, Manuel. Manuel is one of the brightest kids we have here and, aside from having one of the best articulated essays I read, also mentioned a personal change that he wants to make. And just for mentioning that personal change he winds up in the winners circle.

      The change I want to see is a change in the attitude of the government of Mozambique. I say this because I see that they aren't running this country well and how they ought to and I see that they are very corrupt and steal money that would be able to help this country develop and stop ruining itself. I would like to see a change of the president of Mozambique. Why do I say this? Because he also is corrupt and doesn't want to see our country develop. If he truly wanted to see our country develop he would have been doing everything in his power to strengthen this country instead of destroy it from within. What's more is that he is always saying we have to fight against poverty, knowing that he himself never fought to reduce poverty among Mozambicans and in fact contributes to it.
     I would also like to see a change in the attitude of the teachers in Mozambique. Specifically, the teachers that seem to only want to hurt students without reason. I say this because there are teachers that harm students without reason and lower their grades, treat them unfairly, and never listen or acknowledge the smallest complaint against them. They only wish to be given money in exchange for preferred treatment, restoring or getting better grades, or for selfish ambition. It is these actions that I would like to see change.
      I would like to see a change from parents that force their kids to marry young. I say this because there are many parents that force their kids to marry only because they themselves don't have any way to provide for themselves. I see this as very confusing because the parents left school in order to marry young because it was the will of their parents, and now they are facing the same difficulties and will be condemning their children to the same conditions in the future.
      Lastly, there is my life. Why would I like to see my life change? Because it is for the better and sometimes I am weak and will think bad thoughts or other times lose patience when I am provoked to anger. I would like to see myself changed to be a person that leads well and knows how to act upright in the midst of other people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment