December 27, 2011

A Mudança V


We're continuing our look at the kid's essays. The topic what what is the mudança(change) you want to see. This time we get to hear a different side of issues. For this group of kids, they're worried about a little bit of everything--- crime, public health, teen marriage, embezzlement of state funds, about what fancy-pants refer to as new economic colonialism. These kids refer to it mainly as China stealing our trees and selling us their crap.

     I want for the police to start controlling things well because of what is happening. They are paid by thieves with money after crimes so they don't go to jail. Also the traffic police. They see something wrong and later ask for money before they will let you pass. Also I want to see the numbers of thieves reduced because it is very normal for you to buy something and the next moment are robbed of it. So I want the government to find someway that the people can stop committing these errors.
      I also want to see the government construct streets, schools, hospitals, houses, bridges and to clean up the trash that fills the streets. I want for all Mozambicans to study so that our country can develop. Also, we can't be in relationships when we are young because many children get pregnant and marry and their lives becomes only farming and children. So first we need to finish school and studying and then we can marry. Also, many families force children to marry or to work instead of going to school. We need to force them to go to school and not marry or work.
-A very chivalrous sixth grade boy

      I would like to se my country change the style of corruption. Corruption has been happening all the time, and not only in Mozambique but in the whole world. As for Mozambicans and their government, corruption easily happens in the form of robbing state funds. This, I see, faults the payment of salaries of government works and contributes to the poverty of our country. I feel that the government doesn't know how to lead because they rob money and think they are the recipients and not the people of my country.
      In the case of the police there is lots of corruption because the police sometimes don't get their salary on time and get angry and plot with thieves to rob people in the city and suburbs and afterwards share the money. For this, the people themselves are corrupt too and need to change to develop as a country.
      Outside of robbing money there is the problem of robbing trees in our country. We have lots of trees and wood, but as for where it has gone, nobody knows. For example, in the province of Nampula we have schools without desks and chairs and classrooms. All of these need wood. The ministry of education also contributes to this problem.
-An eight grader

      In the first place I would like if we can change the president that is ruling my country. For me, he is not doing good as the ruler of the people. Because of this I see whichever foreigner arriving in my country. For example, the Chinese come here to Mozambique and rob our trees, sell bad computers, and make other crimes. For this reason I say that I want to change these, because every day it hurts my heart to watch them steal trees.
-This writer is in fifth grade and really likes trees

No comments:

Post a Comment