February 8, 2012

In Which Someone's Retinas Burn


This has absolutely nothing to do with anything in any way. It's just a real conversation I had with a real person today. I still can't believe it's a conversation I actually had, but, I have lots of conversations that looking back there is no logical reason for them to ever take place. My friend is not a kid in the orphanage, in case you were wondering.

TJ: Hello there, friend.
Friend: Hey, TJ.
TJ: How's it going?
Friend: Bad.
TJ: Why bad?
Friend: My eyes hurt a lot and they won't stop.

TJ: When did this start?
Friend: About a week ago. I was looking at the sun with my cousin to see which was bigger, the sun or the moon. It started about the same time.

TJ: How long were you looking at the sun?
Friend: About seven or eight minutes. Now when I look at things there is just nothing. I can only see stuff around the sides.

TJ: Realizing at this point, despite being fluent, I had never learned how to say, “Sorry, I think you've seared a hole in your cornea.”

TJ: Tough luck, hope it clears up soon.
Friend: Thanks, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment