November 19, 2011

Math camp 2-and-a-half?

Editor's note: Just me, TJ here. I have no editor. That's partly why things here get so long. For example, the math camp posts keep expanding. It was originally one part but because I'm so stubbornly long-winded (thanks, Parishes) I can't and don't want to trim it down. That's probably why I'll never write a book. When I go to turn in my transcript to my editor he's going to quit and change professions after he sees that of the first five volumes (not chapters) three are about Ken Griffey Jr., one is about Darkwing Duck, and the fifth is pretty much a giant rant about McDonalds discontinuing 29-cent hamburger night back in the '90s.

I know that you, the reader, don't have an unlimited attention span. I know, the internet is a big place. Why spend 10 minutes reading about what Jesus is doing in Mozambique when you could be looking at last nights box score or browsing funny pictures of cats or posting on your posting on your favorite Taylor Swift message boards? (Oh hey! What's up 14-year-old girl demographic!) Heck, even my own mother will sometimes say, “I read something about that on your site and then gave up when it got too long.”

I normally try to keep the content maxed at two or three pages when I draft here on my typewriter, or about 1500 words. This second part of math camp clocked in at over 1800 words. Heck, this little side note here is an additional 331 words. That's a lot! Now it's gonna be three parts long. If it keeps growing exponentially, next time it's gonna be 7 and then after that be the running dialog into 2013 at which point the website will change from “TJ goes to Africa” to “That one time TJ did math camp and won't shut up about it”-dot-com.

Thanks for reading about us. Thanks for praying for us. Thanks for supporting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment