December 22, 2010

Rainy Days and Support Update

So what's been happening around here lately? A whole lot of nothing.

Its been raining on and off (mostly on) for the last three days, and life has moved from slow to dead slow. Luckily, there are some things we can look forward to here.


You can relax on the spacious veranda of the boy's dormitory.

You can talk about life and work and cooties with Isaty, Martinho, Maparato, Dionisio, and Ganito.

Instead of showering, you can just stand outside for a while. But people will give you never ending grief for it.

And when it clears up and the moon comes out you can wait for that lunar eclipse everyone was talking about only to remember that it doesn't even occur in our hemisphere.

The moon eventually became eclipsed by our palm tree.

Moving on to support: Jesus has been very faithful, through you guys, to have had me almost at budget every month. I'm gonna be honest, I haven't quite hit my target of $300 a month, but support has been far from zero, and I'm super grateful. However, that doesn't mean that every month is going to be fine. Much of the giving is of the one-time-donation type. So especially at this time of year, if you look in your wallet or at you bank statement and think, "Golly! Where did all this extra money come from? I should use it before the expiration date at the end of the year or it will go bad. I wish there's somebody I could really bless with it, like the Salvation Army, or that kid working with the orphans in Africa. That's seems like a far better use of my money then getting this or this, or even this for that special someone in my life." then I know one guy and about 50 kids that guy is serving that would be really grateful for you gift. If that what Jesus want's you to do, then you can send a check out to


TJ Werle
16428 10th AVE SW
Burien, WA (USA)

Please, checks are much easier than sending "Christmas Story" replica leg lamps. $10, 20, 50 or whatever you can do makes much more a difference than you think.

And after the end of the year, I'll get out more precise numbers on how support has been so you guys know how to help and, more importantly, how you can be praying with me for those things.

Merry Christmas, Bom Natal, and Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment