August 7, 2009

No pictures yet

...but I'm getting closer. The last week has been CRAZY busy. Construction, music, driving, tutoring. Everything seems all need to happen at the same time. Right now the biggest thing that has been going on is we're gearing up for a huge concert the orphanage is putting on. There are going to be 7 bands/choirs there and I've been going crazy trying to prepare and get ready to run the production. And I'm qualified to do it solely on the basis that I've run a soundboard before, so this will be intersting.

I'm now determined to update at least twice a week (mainly at the scolding of my parents, who think I disappear into the jungle when I don't communicate with them more than every other week). So be checking back for more information.

Briefly, its been cool the last few days because I've been getting a lot of stories. I've been able to hear a lot of testimonies from the kids. Common threads of being in terrible or abusive families that would use them as labor or kick them out on the street to live/fend for themselves, and Jesus just MIRACULOUSLY putting things in place for them to wind up at the orphanage here. Very sad but very joyous at the same time.

And lastly, I used some internet magic to call home the other day (not skype, just a phone rerouted through the internet to a land line). So I talked with my parents at great length, and its way too much to post here. So hopefully with more frequent updates I'll be able to get everybody up to speed.

See ya when I see ya,
TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment