June 7, 2009

Trip Dates and Other News

So, I've got some way exciting news. As the title suggests, the dates for my trip are set now. I'll be leaving on July 6th. Before I get into details, I really really really really need to thank my uncle Jim and aunt Les. They stepped up in a huge way and gifted me their frequent flyer miles. Seriously, its such a huge blessing and I'm so overwhelmingly thankful.

So my trip will take me from Seattle to LAX, Los Angeles to Paris, and Paris to Johannesburg. From there on it gets crazy and involves a bus ride and another plane trip to finally get up to Nampula to make it to the orphanage with Victor and Christina. And because time changes are crazy, I'm leaving Monday morning and arriving Wednesday morning. And then more travel after that. It's gonna be epic, like in the Indiana Jones movies where he's just hopping all over the map in the plane. But unlike Indy, I hope to stay clear of zeppelins and German submarines.

In other news, I got my vaccines finished up on Wednesday. My doctor made me get a lot of things, but the one that really did number on me was the influenza shot. I'm all right now, but it really had my system out of whack for a good two or three days.

More to come in the next couple of days.

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment