August 26, 2012

Great News

So, I know it's been too long, and this was supposed to be an update about how I'm back and super thirlled to see the kids and it's hotter than I remembered it (all very true and coming later), but all this is getting preempted by some super important amazing joyful news: GIZELA'S BROTHER GOT BAPTIZED AT CHURCH TODAY!!!

You may remember I snuck in a tidbit a while ago about one of our girls named Gizela. She left in January for Beira with the group doing vocational school. Gizela had been great about trying to reach out to the family she has left and tell them about Jesus. Her brother had been coming to church for the better part of the year after his family had been trying to raise him a muslim. I told Gizela when I was in Beira and she was thrilled to hear that he has kept coming to church and always participates in any programs/events we have outside of Sunday mornings and everybody is really good with reaching out to him and making him feel welcome.

This Sunday at church we had baptisms, and I was surprised and overjoyed to see that he was in the line to get dunked. Even greater was hearing him profess his faith in Jesus and knowing that this was not just some emotionally based better-do-it-know-while-everybody-is-looking kind of decision. He even had to go to the baptism class the last couple Saturdays and meet with the pastors. Basically, I'm just trying to say I'm super excited at his genuine conversion and the change is his life. Praise Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment